Last Updated: February 08, 2011
The thrust areas of department are:
· Channelizing the need based projects having more potential for effective resource utilization, export promotion and employment generation will be undertaken with the help of funding agencies such as Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MFPI), Agricultural and Processed Foods Export Development Authority (APEDA), Department Science and Technology (DST), Department of Bio-Technology (DBT) and other agencies including the private and public sectors.
· Development of interactive teaching aids using multimedia tools for better understanding of the subject would be one of the thrust areas of the department.
· More emphasis would be imparted hands-on practical training in processing, packaging and product development given to the students using available infrastructure with special focus on traditional and snack products.
· Development of shelf stable and functional livestock products.
· Imparting training to unemployed youth, local butchers, farmers and industry personals