College of Home Science
The College of Home Science came into existence in May 1991 which earlier existed as department of Home Science under the College of Agriculture since February 1980. Initially the college offered degrees in
· B.Sc. Home Science (3 years duration)
· M.Sc. Food Science and Nutrition (2 years duration)
· Ph.D. Food Science and Nutrition (3 years duration)
Two more Master programmes were introduced in the discipline of ‘Family Resource Management’ and ‘Human Development and Family Studies’ in the year 1996 (renamed as Human Development in 2005). Further, the three year Home Science degree programme was converted to B.Sc. (Hons.) 4 years degree programme in the year 2000-01.
The college achieved another milestone by starting B.Tech in Food Science and Technology in 2010 and B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Management in 2011 (renamed as Hospitality and Hotel Administration in the academic year 2013-14).
In the year 2017, the programme of Home Science has been renamed as Community Science by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research at national level.
The college has five well established departments viz.
- Food Science, Nutrition and Technology
- Family Resource Management
- Home Science Extension and Communication Management
- Human Development
- Textile and Apparel Designing
Existing Faculty Strength