The College of Home Science came into existence in May 1991 which earlier existed as department of Home Science under the College of Agriculture since February 1980. Initially the college offered degrees in
- B.Sc. Home Science (3 years duration)
- M.Sc. Food Science and Nutrition (2 years duration)
- Ph.D. Food Science and Nutrition (3 years duration)
The college achieved a milestone by starting B.Tech in Food Science and Technology in 2010 and B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Management in 2011 (renamed as Hospitality and Hotel Administration in the academic year 2013-14).
In the year 2017, the programme of Home Science has been renamed as Community Science by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research at national level.
Vision & Values
- Community strengthening through nutrition, health, self help groups and life skill education.
- Post-harvest management and value addition of plant and animal resources of Himachal Pradesh.
- Consumer ergonomics, drudgery management and resource management practices.
- Skill up-gradation and women empowerment.
OuR Departments & units
With the development of teaching and research facilities there are 05 departments in the College.