The College of Community Science came into existence in May 1991 which earlier existed as department of Home Science under the College of Agriculture since February 1980.
Two more Master programmes were introduced in the discipline of ‘Family Resource Management’ and ‘Human Development and Family Studies’ in the year 1996 (renamed as Human Development in 2005). Further,the three year Home Science degree programme was converted to B.Sc. (Hons.) 4 years degree programme in the year 2000-01.
The college achieved another milestone by starting B.Tech in Food Science and Technology in 2010 and B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Management in 2011 (renamed as Hospitality and Hotel Administration in the academic year 2013-14).
In the year 2017, the programme of Home Science was renamed as Community Science by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research at national level.
The college offers following degrees programmes:
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science
- B. Tech. (Food Science and Technology)
- B.Sc. (Hospitality and Hotel Administration)
- M.Sc. (Food Science and Nutrition)
- M.Sc. (Family Resource Management and Consumer Science)
- M.Sc. (Human Development and Family Studies
- M.Sc. (Textiles and Apparel Designing)
- Ph.D. (Food Science and Nutrition)
Vision & Values
- Community strengthening through nutrition, health, self help groups and life skill education.
- Post-harvest management and value addition of plant and animal resources of Himachal Pradesh.
- Consumer ergonomics, drudgery management and resource management practices.
- Skill up-gradation and women empowerment.
OuR Departments & units
With the development of teaching and research facilities there are 05 departments in the College.
Dean office/ Office Establishment
Technical and Office Staff
Sh. Anil Verma
Senior Scale Steno
Smt. Sanjana Devi
Sh. Balwant Singh
Sh. Satish Kumar
Sh. Sanjeev Kumar
Sh. Deepak Sharma
Sh. Rajesh Kumar
Sh. Jeet Singh
Sh. Subhash Chand
Smt. Sarita Devi
Sh. Hans Raj