PROJECTS IN THE DEPARTMENT
1. ALL INDIA COORDINATED RESEARCH PROJECT IN HOME SCIENCE (EXTENSION COMPONENT)
• Database of farmwomen of Himachal Pradesh, in terms of their participation, time spent and decision making pattern in farming, livestock and homestead areas.
Phase- II (Completed) 2002-2007
· Documented Indigenous Technical Knowledge (ITKs) in various areas covering :
1. Maternal and child health
2. Plants for human health
3. Animal husbandry
4. Ailments and diseases
· Entrepreneurial Activities
1. Handmade cards by using dried plant material
2. Mushroom cultivation
Phase -III (Completed) 2007-2012
· Generated gender specific database from farm families covering all the four agro-climatic zones of Himachal Pradesh, in terms of farming, livestock and homestead areas
· Prepared gender Responsive training modules
Phase IV (Completed) 2012-2017
1. Techno-socio economic dimensions of Women Empowerment
2. Dynamics and performance of women groups in agriculture and allied sectors
Phase V (On-going) 2017-2020
I. Promoting Farm Women Knowledge Groups (FWKGs) for Enhanced Use of ICT in Agriculture and Allied Sectors
1. To conduct situational analysis on knowledge and use of ICT in agriculture and allied sectors.
2. To organize and promote Farm Women Knowledge Groups (FWKGs) for enhanced use of selected ICT application.
3. To study the impact of FWKGs in enhanced use of selected ICT application
II. Empowerment of Farm Women on Climate Change
1. To study the extent of awareness and knowledge of farm women regarding climate change, its effects and situation specific coping strategies.
2. To organize and conduct intervention for the promotion of one climate smart village.
3. To study the impact of intervention
III. Scoping IFS Models from Gender Perspective with Focus on Enhancing Farm Income
1. To document region specific tested IFS models for enhancing farm income.
2. To screen the selected models from gender perspective.
3. To diffuse the learnings/ lessons from identified models in the adopted village.
2. WOMEN EMPOWERMENT AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN MOUNTAINS: EVIDENCES
FROM HIMACHAL PRADESH
· To study the socio-economic and political profile of the elected women representatives (EWRs) in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs).
· To assess the rural developmental activities carried out by the EWRs and compare the same with that of their male counter parts.
· To work out the time spent by EWRs in rural development activities vis-a-vis Panchayat related matters.
· To analyse the extent of awareness among EWRs relating to PRI activities, powers, functioning, etc.
· To identify the constraints and problems faced by the EWRs in successfully carrying out the duties of PRIs and suggest policy options.
3. PROJECT ON ESTABLISHMENT OF EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING - SETTING UP FACILITIES
FOR HANDS ON TRAINING.
· Development of Instructional Media Production Unit
· Establishment of Electronic Media Laboratories
· Establishment of Print-Media Laboratories