1. Human Resource Development
- To impart training at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the
fields of Agriculture, Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Home Science and
Basic Sciences so as to make available manpower in these fields to man
various positions in the state and at national/international level.
3. Extension Education
- To undertake location specific research in fundamental and applied
aspects of crop improvement, natural resource management, plant protection,
animal health, animal production and livestock product technology, home
sciences and such basic sciences which help in the growth and development
of various disciplines of agriculture and animal husbandary.
- To undertake socio-economic studies on various aspects of research
and development so as to advise the policy makers in these fields in devising
- To coordinate, plan, execute and monitor various extension education
programmes for the benefit of field officers in these fields so as to
update their knwoledge.
- To organize trainings to farmers, farm women, orchardists, animal keepers,
schoool drop outs, ex-servicemen etc. on various aspects of agriculture
as well as vocational training on agriculture based occupations.
- To tender referral services in the fields of soil, plant and animal
- To publish farm literature, prepare audio and video cassettes and ensure
their sale/distribution among stake holders and to organise kisan melas,
kisan divas, fields days and exhibitions at the university, district,
state and national levels so as to project the activities and achievements
of the university among the farmers and general public.
Developed & Maintained by ©2005